Canyon Chronicle

Review: ‘Infinity War’ worth the 10-year wait

19th franchise film brings heroes together, ends with cliffhanger

Craig Byrd, Staff Writer

Avengers “Infinity War,” released in theaters on April 27, is a PG-13 superhero film and the 19th installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. It stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor Odinson, Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star Lord, Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and Josh Brolin as Thanos.
     The plot revolves around Thanos trying to obtain the Infinity Stones, the source of ultimate power, and the heroes trying to stop him from obtaining the stones. The plot is very interesting as it constantly keeps the heroes on their feet and shows the audience spectacular scenes of the Invasion of Wakanda and the fight on Thanos’s home planet of Titan. The plot shows the character struggle while being visual masterpieces. Overall, the plot was interesting and kept the audience thoroughly enjoyed.
     The characters in this movie were spectacular and were spread throughout, with stars such as Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Star Lord and many more. All have been introduced in earlier MCU movies and have great personalities to their name. The characters have different qualities that make them interesting and really diversifies the MCU with personality. While Captain America and Iron Man are more serious, Spider-Man is more energetic than they are. Overall, the characters were great and interesting and some that you can get invested in and care for.
     The acting was spectacular and made me forget that I was watching a movie and more like I was watching real humans trying to save the galaxy from danger. The acting complements the sad scenes in the movie with really believable emotion behind the words that the actors said. Their reactions to the climatic cliffhanger at the end of the movie was spectacular and believable if you put real humans in that situation.
     The direction with this movie was complex and brought in plot points that were very impressive, complex, and deep. The direction was impressive and made the movie spectacular and was invigorating to see unfold. Overall, it was a good way to make the movie go and was not held back from being spectacular.
     The score was beautiful and intense, the score during the fights were epic and intense while the score during the sad scenes were somber and beautiful. The score added to my enjoyment and whenever something happened that was a little funny in a sad scene, the score didn’t cut off for laughs and stayed on for that scene. The score was spectacular and really made the audience invested in the movie and does not fail to amaze.
     The special effects in this movie were great and do not fail to impress, the CGI on Iron Man and the Iron Spider Man looked great and hyper-realistic, they didn’t look like plastic and looks like something built by people on a high budget.
     Last but definitely not least, the action was absolutely gorgeous. The action was centered around battles to protect the Infinity Stones and had lots of CGI. Some standouts include the Battle for Wakanda and the Battle on Titan. In Wakanda, we saw half the Avengers and Wakandans battle against the Outriders, Thanos’s army, to keep the Mind Stone safe in Vision’s head, but the stand out for me was the Battle on Titan. Here, we see the other half of the Avengers and half the Guardians fight Thanos to protect the Time Stone, the action is epic and gets extremely intense toward the end. The action, overall, was great as well as intense and did not fail to impress the audience.
     Overall, I give Avengers “Infinity War” a rating of five out of five stars and would highly recommend it to people who are fans of superhero movies or people who love action movies. It is a great movie for those who love watching intense action and somber moments. Overall, a great movie that’s for anyone wanting to watch a good movie.

About the Writer
Craig Byrd, Photographer
My name is Craig Byrd, photographer extraordinaire. I love Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros., Star Wars, Harry Potter, and comic books. I can be seen talking with my buddies about any of things I just listed or photographing things that are happening. I also have a coffee addiction.